Rochester, MN (March 11, 2021) – Hyatt House Rochester Mayo Clinic Area is set to open on March 25 and will hone Hyatt’s purpose of caring for others so they can be their best. Owned by joint-venture partners PEG Companies and EKN Development and managed by In-Group Hospitality: A PEG Company, Hyatt House Rochester Mayo Clinic Area will be conveniently located in Rochester, MN, and will provide guests the service and convenience of hotel living with the casual comforts of home. The hotel adds value to the City of Rochester as the first ever Qualified Opportunity Zone project, a part of the Destination Medical Center initiative to revitalize the downtown and will fulfill the strong demand for extended stay accommodations for patients of Mayo Clinic and their families.
“We are incredibly enthusiastic about the opportunity to provide much-needed extended-stay accommodations for thousands of Mayo Clinic patients and their families,” said PEG CEO Cameron Gunter. “We sincerely thank public officials for declaring the construction of this project an ‘essential business’ during the pandemic, allowing us to continue pushing forward and making progress throughout 2020 and 2021.”
Hyatt House Rochester Mayo Clinic Area will be located just blocks from Mayo Clinic and Saint Mary’s Hospital, Mayo Civic Center, University of Minnesota Rochester, Winona State University-Rochester, Heart of the City, and the future Discovery Walk. The hotel is surrounded by shopping, dining, and retail, as well as city parks and bike trails, including Central Park located in its backyard.
Hyatt House Rochester Mayo Clinic Area will offer:
- 172 Extended Stay Suites with fully equipped kitchens, comfy living rooms, spacious bedrooms and stylish bathrooms
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and guestrooms
- The Commons, a comfy lounge with an open and welcoming space for guests to relax, gather, and socialize, the Outdoor Terrace with city views, and outdoor fire pits and BBQ on the ground level patio to sip cocktails and enjoy savory bites
- Complimentary Morning Spread, a full hot breakfast served daily for guests, featuring a build-your-own Omelet Bar and assorted Breakfast Breads, with steel-cut oatmeal, fresh fruit and more, along with vegetarian and gluten free options
- The H BAR, which features the Sip + Snack Menu, a delicious menu with items including soups and sandwiches, plus premium beers and wines, offered seven days a week
- 24-hour H Market to meet the everyday needs of guests, from snacks and sundries to freshly prepared salads and sandwiches
- 24-hour Gym to keep fitness routines going
- Gathering Rooms with more than 1,500 square feet of flexible meeting spaces including a 4th floor Outdoor Terrace, a tasty food and beverage menu, audiovisual equipment and a to make sure events are a success
- Borrows Menu with often-forgotten items from phone charges to razors
- A Very Important Resident (VIR) program, including complimentary grocery shopping, and other personalized perks, for guests with 30 or more consecutive nights
- Additional services, including guest laundry and complimentary grocery shopping available to extended-stay guests
- A pet-friendly policy that welcomes dogs or cats
- ADA Accessible rooms and patient care amenities
- Complimentary hotel shuttle for guests needing transportation downtown and to Mayo Clinic / Saint Mary’s Hospital
About PEG Companies:
PEG Companies [“PEG”] was founded in 2003 and is now one of the fastest-growing commercial real estate investment, development, and asset/property management firms in the West. With $1.5 billion AUM, PEG’s mission is to create opportunities through grit, ingenuity, and expertise—providing the premiere real estate investment experience. PEG owns and manages more than 5,200 hospitality keys across the U.S. and Canada with over 2,800 multifamily housing units, an additional 1,400 units under development, plus office, retail, and industrial space across the West. The firm sponsors multiple investment products on behalf of its investors and has produced net annualized returns of over 25% for the strategies it pursues. For more information about PEG, visit pegcompanies.com.
About Hyatt House:
Hyatt House, a brand of Hyatt Hotels Corporation, launched in 2012 and offers more than 75 locations throughout the United States, China and Puerto Rico. Inspired by extensive research into guest experiences, Hyatt House hotels offer services, amenities, upscale spaces and a casual, comfortable environment that reminds guests of home. For more information, please visit hyatthouse.com. Join the conversation on Facebook, and tag photos with #HyattHouse and #WhySettle.
About In-Group Hospitality: A PEG Company:
In-Group Hospitality: A PEG Company [“IGH”] has always believed that enduring success begins with the experience delivered to the guest, fostered by the relationships built with top-quality associates and development partners. In the five-plus decades since the Pearson family founded what would eventually become In-Group Hospitality: A PEG Company, the group has grown into a leading hospitality group with a portfolio of more than 30 properties in 13 states and hundreds of associates. As an innovative and efficiency-integrated business, IGH counts its expertise in hotel management, investment, and development as the pillars to continued growth and equity holder satisfaction. Based in Provo, Utah and helmed by CEO Graydon Pearson, IGH manages over 3,000 keys under some of the most recognized hotel brands including those from Hilton Hotels Group, Marriott International, Hyatt Hotels, and IHG.
About EKN Development:
EKN Development Group ["EKN"] was founded in 1995 as a real estate development firm, specializing in premier hospitality, retail, mixed-use, and high-density residential developments. EKN draws upon its leadership's decades of experience to create and deliver outstanding projects in first-rate locations to its investors and communities. EKN currently has over 1,400 hospitality keys in development, and well over 3,000 hospitality keys in its project pipeline. Additionally, EKN has 350 residential units in development, as well as retail and restaurant spaces across the Western United States. For more information about EKN, visit ekndevgroup.com